Business Valuations, Sales & Acquisition Consulting
Offering a robust line of products to meet your personal and business needs
Select a product
Experienced, diverse consultants
One of the specialty services our firm provides is valuing privately owned business enterprises. We handle valuations of many types and purposes covering a wide range of needs. Add to this our specialized training and purposeful focus, and you are assured of receiving supportive and supportable service.
Consider our firm your first choice or for a second opinion in any of the following areas:
- Marital dissolution
- Estate. gift, and income taxes
- Family limited partnerships
- Buy- sell agreements
- Mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and bankruptcy
- Allocation of purchase price
- Financing purchase/sale of a business
The science of business valuations has come a long way in just the last five years. There has been an explosion of literature and court case law, and standards of professional practice have evolved considerably. As members of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, in addition to Mr. Connally 's membership in The Institute of Business Appraisers, we are able to stay abreast of these developments and provide you with cutting-edge valuation services.
Whether you need a Comprehensive Valuation or a Limited Estimate of Value, we are confident we can deliver a superior valuation product with a personalized touch!
Levels of valuation service
- Comprehensive valuation: Required for pending litigation, partnership disputes, gift and estate tax planning, purchase/sale of a business, or financing needs. Our signature product can be prepared with or without Minority Shareholder or Marketability Discounts. Includes a thorough analysis, an explanation and supporting documentation. Requires 3-5 weeks to complete.
- Letter opinion valuation: Often used for internal purposes including lender financing, purchase/sale of a business, and buy-sell agreements. Includes a conclusion of value with brief, generalized comments. Requires 1-3 weeks to complete.
- Limited scope valuation: Often used when current market value of business is required without all of the supporting documentation. Includes an estimate of value. Requires 1-2 weeks to complete.
We can transform your search/or a trusted advisor into worry-free confidence!
What are the ten most common errors found in valuation reports?
Failure to define purpose and standard of value
Failure to discuss company background, industry, market, competition and economic environment
Inadequate financial analysis
Use of formulas with no explanation
Failure to define earnings
Inconsistent application of discount or capitalization rates
Leaps of faith regarding rates, premiums, discounts
Improper use of comparable companies
Lack of disclosure of information sources
Can your clients afford to have errors in their valuation reports?
If you need professional help, please give me a call.